Hello Friends! The podcast is back after a break, and I cannot wait to share this really special episode with you. My guest today, Katie Manistas, Senior Yoga Teacher and Ayurvedic Practitioner is such a wise, articulate and inspiring woman who shows the way for living a conscious, spiritually connected life, in a modern urban setting. She's was one of my first yoga teachers (when I was just 20 years old) and since then she has been my birth doula, mentor and friend.
In this episode we talk about:
* Creating rhythms and routines for our families and children, to create connection and support their self-awareness and self-regulation.
* How to modify "dinacharya" the Ayurvedic daily routine, to make it accessible for for modern life.
* The single powerful practice Katie uses in the moments of waking and falling to sleep.
* A hilarious story about her 4 year old's attempted use of the Maha Mantra ;)
* The meaning of "true self-confidence". Katie shares her recent musings and deep wisdom about cutting through the noise of "false" confidence, the ego as a "hungry ghost" and the "commonsense" self-confidence that emerges when we know we are connected to something bigger.
I absolutely loved this chat and I know for the spiritual seekers, yoga practitioners and awakening women in this community-- you will TOO!
Connect with Katie...
@katiemanitsas on instagram
Ayurveda Sadhana Training - Starts June 22 in Bronte, Sydney
Katie Manitsas is an advanced level Jivamukti Yoga Teacher and a Wise Earth Ayurveda master teacher. She is also qualified in Kundalini Yoga and as a doula (childbirth support person) and holds the highest possible accreditations with both Yoga Alliance and Yoga Australia. She has been teaching yoga for over 20 years. Katie’s passion is in yogic philosophy and the seasonal practices of sadhana – bringing devotion and a sense of the sacred to everyday life, as well as compassion for animals and a deep reverence for nature. Katie is a published author of several books including ‘The Yoga of Birth’. She is the mother of four young boys and lives with her loud and busy family in Sydney’s Inner West. May our practice together be luminous and purposeful.